|1. 'Sex' at 'Work'. The Power and Paradox of Organisation Sexuality, with Wendy Parkin, Wheatsheaf, Brighton; St. Martin's Press, New York, 1987; 'Sex' at 'Work'. The Power and Paradox of Organisation Sexuality, Revised and Updated, with Wendy Parkin, Prentice Hall/Harvester Wheatsheaf, London and New York; St. Martin's Press, New York, 1995.|
2. The Gender of Oppression. Men, Masculinity and the Critique of Marxism, Wheatsheaf, Brighton; St. Martin's Press, New York, 1987.
3. Men in the Public Eye. The Construction and Deconstruction of Public Men and Public Patriarchies, Routledge, London/New York, 1992.
4. The Violences of Men. How Men Talk About and How Agencies Respond to Men's Violence to Women, Sage, London/Thousand Oaks, Ca., 1998.
5. Men, Gender Divisions and Welfare, Co-editor with Jennie Popay and Jeanette Edwards, Routledge, London/New York, 1998.
6. Gender, Sexuality and Violence in Organizations: the Unspoken Forces of Organization Violations, with W.Parkin, Sage, London, 2001
7. Ending Gender-based Violence: A Call for Global Action to Involve Men, with H. Ferguson, Ø.G. Holter, L. Jalmert, M. Kimmel, J. Lang, R. Morrell and S. de Vylders, SIDA, Stockholm, 2004.
8. Information Society and the Workplace: Spaces, Boundaries and Agency, Co-editor with T. Heiskanen, Routledge, London, 2004,
9. Handbook of Studies on Men and Masculinities, Co-editor with M. Kimmel and R.W. Connell, Sage, Thousand Oaks, Ca., 2005.
10. Men and Masculinities in Europe, with K. Pringle et al., Whiting & Birch, London, 2005.